Devices and Browsers
Please visit our Help documentation for information on Device and Browser Support.
Users may experience issues due to browser settings. Common things to check include:
- Pop-up blocker
- If pop-up blocker is on, users may not see Engage when clicking on the link within your LMS. Resolve this by disabling pop-up blocker or by adding your institution's Courseload URL (e.g., https://your_institution.courseload.com) to the trusted sites within the browser.
- Third party cookies
- If third party cookies are disabled, users may see a login screen instead of Engage after clicking the link within your LMS. Resolve this by enabling third party-cookies in the user's browser. Information on enabling third-party cookies can be found here:
- If users experience issues with unexpected page views, page numbering or encounter issues while checking out a book, it may be necessary for the user to clear the browser cache and refresh the page to resolve the issue.
- Incompatible or Malicious Browser extensions
- Browser extensions and plugins that modify page content or redirect web requests can interfere with loading Engage and/or displaying content. Symptoms of an incompatible or malicious extension may include:
- Content does not load properly, or at all, even after clearing cache and cookies.
- Engage works properly in another browser or on a different computer for the same user.
- Engage works properly in "Incognito Mode" (Chrome) or in a "Private Window" (Firefox), where by default extensions are disabled, but does not work in a normal (extensions-enabled) window.
- Disabling all browser extensions allows Engage to work properly.
Common Browser Questions
Q: I clicked on the link in my LMS course but nothing happens. Why can't I see my eText?
Check to see if pop-ups are blocked in the browser.
Q: How can I use my class materials while offline?
Please see our article on Offline Access.