Unizin Members may request an Institutional a Unizin Data Warehouse (IDWUDW) implementation by submitting a Service Request Ticket or emailing email@example.com.
The implementation process includes the selection and implementation of IDW Data UDW Data Services. At present, Unizin offers Members a Canvas Data IDW UDW Service. This IDW Data UDW Data Service populates an IDW with UDW with Canvas Data from a Member institution's Canvas instance.
An IDW implementation UDW implementation follows these steps:
Sponsor Team Designation
Conduct Kick-off Call
Configure IDWConfigure UDW
- Configure IDW Data UDW Data Services
Unizin Services will reach out to the individual requesting activation of the IDW once UDW once a request is submitted. The purpose of this introduction will be to:
- Determine if a Master Services Agreement (MSA) Addendum requires signaturea signature. Unizin provides an Addendum to the MSA for each Product Line and therefore the Addendum between Unizin and Member may already be in place.
- Introduce the concept of a Sponsor Team and prompt the creation of an IDW Sponsor UDW Sponsor Team.
- Answer any initial questions before proceeding to the Kick-off call.
Sponsor Teams are owners of the Institutional Unizin Data Warehouse service at their Institution. Sponsor Teams are the authoritative contact points for the IDW serviceUDW service. They are responsible supporting the IDW UDW and submitting requests to Unizin, including:
- Grant or Revoke whitelist IP addresses
- Grant or Revoke user accounts to the IDWthe UDW
- Tier 1 support for IDW usersUDW users
- Grant or Revoke Sponsor Team membership
- New IDW Data UDW Data Service requests and configuration
A kick-off call between your Sponsor Team and Unizin Services is scheduled by Unizin. The purpose of this call is to:
Review the IDW productUDW product
- Review available IDW Data UDW Data Services
- Review Unizin's support model
- Establish user accounts needs
- Select IDW Data UDW Data Services
- Establish deployment timeline
Sponsor Teams should come to the meeting with a list of individuals for whom they need user account access to the IDWUDW. It is also recommended that Sponsor Teams review the core technology powering the Unizin IDW UDW product and its attendant IDW Data UDW Data Services.
By the end of a kick-off call, the Sponsor Team and Unizin have a firm plan to finalize the IDW implementation UDW implementation at the Member institution.
Unizin restricts access to Member IDWs UDWs to user IPs that fall in IP ranges authorized by the Institution. Sponsor Team must provide to Unizin a list of authorized IP ranges in CIDR format.
After receiving the IP range whitelist, Unizin will:
- Create the IDW instanceUDW instance
- Apply the IP range whitelist
- Create user accounts (per the kick-off call)
User account information (usernames, passwords) are transmitted securely to the appropriate individuals.
UDW Data Services
Based on the IDW Data UDW Data Services selected by the Sponsor Team, configuring IDW Data UDW Data Services may include:
- Creating new access/API credentials to the data source
- Enabling access to data source
- Data source-specific configurations
For example, Unizin's IDW Data UDW Data Service for Canvas Data requires Canvas API credentials. These credentials are used to periodically fetch Canvas Data files from the Member's Canvas API.
Unizin Services will configure and start an IDW Data a UDW Data Service after it has received all of the necessary information.
- Verify their ability to connect to the IDWthe UDW
- Validate the activation of their IDW Data UDW Data services
- Evaluate query performance
Once a Sponsor Team successfully completes Service Verification, the IDW is UDW is considered in Production. Sponsor Teams may request additional user accounts via a Service Request Ticket.