Welcome to Unizin Engage. You use this online tool to share your annotations on the materials, answer questions, and check on student engagement with the materials.
Getting Started with Engage
You will find a link to Engage in your Learning Management System. Click that link and you will see the Courses View, a list of your courses and the materials that are currently available for each course. You should review the 1-page getting started document titled Help For Students for an overview of the tools in Engage that are available to students and you.
Setting Up Your Courses
Unizin uploads your course textbook(s) for you, but there are several other things that you can do to prepare your courses in Engage:
- Upload additional documents that you created for the course. Click the gear icon on the Courses View and choose Upload Material. Note: The file name must contain only alphanumeric characters, and the file must be no larger than 15 MB. Only the following file types are allowed: .pdf, .doc, .docx, .txt, .ppt, .html, .htm, .odt, .xls, .xlsb, .ods, .ppt, .pptx, and .odp.
- Link to online documents and videos that students will find useful. Click the gear icon on the Courses View and choose Add External Link.
- Organize your content using an Engage feature called "collections." Click the gear icon on the Courses View and choose Add a Collection.
- Add annotations to the textbook and other textual documents that you uploaded to the course. See the article Adding Annotations for further information.
After you have set up your course, you can copy the materials and annotations to subsequent sections of the course. Click the gear icon on the Courses View and choose Copy Materials. See Copying Materials to Another Section for further information.
Using Engage During Your Courses
Once the course begins, you can use the tools in Engage to:
- Answer student questions on the material. You know there is a new question when an alert appears on the material's tile in the Courses View. Click the alert to answer the question.
- Print pages from the course material. On the material's tile in the Courses View, choose Print from the ... menu in the upper right-hand corner.
- Print your annotations. On the material's tile in the Courses View, choose View all notes from the ... menu to open the Notes View. Here you can filter which notes you see by author, tag, and other attributes. You can Print or Export the filtered notes from this view.
- Review analytics to make sure students are reading and engaging with the content. On the material's tile in the Courses View, choose Analytics. See the article Using Analytics for further information.
Except for accessing analytics, you can also initiate all of these tasks from within the course material itself.
Getting Help with Engage
You can check out the Troubleshooting Guide for help with common issues. If you still need help, contact your institution's help desk.