Engage lets you import materials, notes, and collections from one course to another.
At the beginning of each term, the eTextbook for your course is loaded in its original state, without highlights or notes. By copying from a previous course, you can take advantage of the highlights, notes, external links, and collections that you created for the previous course without having to recreate them in the new course.
Note: Your eText must already be set up in the new course before you import notes. Contact your institution's eText point of contact to ensure your continued use of Engage in future terms.
Note: Be sure to perform this procedure before making other changes to the course. Other changes that you make to the course, such as uploading materials or making notes in the eText, will be lost when you import content from another course.
Importing Materials, Notes, and Collections
Use the following steps to import materials, notes, and collections from one course to another:
- Open the Courses view.
- Click the Tools Menu (the gear icon) in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select Copy Materials.
The Copy Materials window appears.
- Choose the Term and then the Section from which you would like to copy.
- Select the checkboxes next to the items that you would like to copy. You can select:
- Uploads and Links - Imports the course materials you uploaded and linked to in the original course.
- My Notes - Imports your notes from the course materials in the original course. Student notes are not imported.
- Collections - Imports the collections you used to organize the materials in the original course.
- Choose the section(s) to which you would like to copy.
- Click Copy Materials.