Comment on page
Add sections to a placed order
Teaching assignments change before and during an Ordering period. It is not uncommon for sections to be added to or removed from an Instructor's teaching load. The Unizin Order Tool makes it easy to enable changes in a placed order when a section is removed or added to a teaching load.
The Order Tool automatically detects that Sections were added to or removed from a teaching load for an Instructor during the Ordering period. If a Section has been removed from a course for which an order is placed, the order will not be fulfilled for that section.
If one or more Sections have been added to a course for which an order is already placed, then Order Tool will signal this fact in the user interface and an Instructor, Coordinator, or Program Administrator must add it to an existing order. The representation of the course and section type will indicate that N of N sections are ordered for.
The new sections in a Course teaching load can be added to the existing order:
- Select the link to the order that was placed for the existing sections. Orders and order numbers are represented to the right of a section.
- You will be taken to the Order page. Select "Edit order" at the bottom of the page.
- Click "Edit" under the Sections at the top of the screen to edit the Sections for which an order has been placed.
- From the Editing Sections page, you will see any new Sections that may be added to your order. Click on the "Select All" checkbox or click the checkbox next to the new section to add it to the existing order. Click "Save."
- A prompt will appear at the top of the screen confirming that your changes to the order have been saved.
- Select "Submit order" at the bottom of the page to complete the changes to your existing order.
- A prompt will appear at the top of the screen confirming that your order was successfully updated.
- You will also receive an email receipt, notifying you of the update to the order. This email will include the Course and Term information. It will also include the Section(s) added, Order Details, and a link to return to the Order Summary Page.