The Term View is the top-level view in Engage. Select the school term whose course materials you wish to display using the Term Selector.
- Use the Search field in the header to search for words in all the materials and notes in all the courses in this account.
- Choose to view sections and course materials for a different term using the Term Selector.
- Manage Materials for your courses (instructors only).
- Browse and navigate to all of your Course Materials in the term. To navigate to a particular course, click the course tile.
- Access Help or log out using items on the Right Navigation Menu.
When you are in the Courses view, the header contains
- The Image Removed icon to open and close the Main Menu.
- The Search field to search course materials, notes, and on the web.
When you are in a different context, the header may also contain additional tools. For example, when you are reading a course material, the Header contains:
navigate to a particular course document, the header contains the:
- Home button.
- Go To field.
- Document Navigation menu.
- The Search field to search the content and notes in this course material.
Note: When you search while reading a course material, the search results will be limited to the content and notes in that course material. When you search while you aren't reading a particular course material, the search results will include the content and notes from all courses.
- The Bookmark button allows you to save pages reference for later use.
- The Page Options menu to configure the zoom control, highlights and printing. You can also navigate to the notes summary view.
Use the Main Menu to navigate the Engage application. You can show and hide the Main menu by clicking the Image Removed icon on the header.
From the Main Menu you can:
- Navigate to the Courses view.
- See Q&A discussions that you have participated in.
- Navigate to the Settings.
- Access this Engage help.
- Send feedback to Unizin.
- Log out of Engage.
Header in the Reading Environment
The Reading Environment is where you view your course material. From here you can:
- Enter a number in the Go to field in the header to display a particular page in the course material.
- Click the left arrow to go to the previous page.
- Click the right arrow to go to the next page.
- Type a word or phrase in the Search field to search the content and notes in this course material.
- Click the Page Options Menu to configure page options and navigate to the notes summary view.
Main Menu in the Reading Environment
When you are in the Reading environment, the Main menu contains navigation tools specific to the course material. From here you can:
- Click the thumbnail of the cover to see the summary information.
- Print sections of the material.
- View the notes in the material.
- Browse the Chapters of the course material.
- Browse all the Pages of the course material.
- Browse all of your Bookmarks in the course material.
Click and drag your mouse over a passage of text to create a highlight. When you click the highlight, a window appears where you can choose the color of your highlight and choose to add a note.
- course materials, notes, and on the web.
- Bookmark button.
- Page Options menu.
The controls allow you to:
- Home: navigate to the Term view
- Go To: navigate to a particular page in the document
- Document Navigation: navigate to a particular chapter or bookmark
- Search: search for a particular word or phrase in the document or course
- Bookmark: set or unset a bookmark for the page
- Page Options: zoom, see instructor notes, share a page, see all notes
Click the Document Navigation icon to display controls that allow you to navigate to particular chapters or document bookmarks. When the menu opens, the Chapters tab is selected by default. Click a particular chapter or other page marker to move to that location. To navigate to a particular bookmark, click the Bookmarks tab.