Do you want to access your textbook on your mobile device? Read more below...
You can access your textbook on your Apple or Android phone or tablet. To do so, you must complete three tasks for each mobile device on which you wish to access your textbook.
- Install the Unizin Read app.
- Link your device to your Engage account.
- Download your textbook(s).
Note: Only your textbook is available through the Unizin Read app. Additional materials that your instructor may have added can be accessed as usual through the browser-based application.
Detailed instructions are below. If you have problems with the mobile app, contact your institution's helpdesk.
Mobile App Help
The procedures below were written for the iPad. Buttons and names might be slightly different on your device.
If you have problems with this app, contact your institution's helpdesk.
Installing the App
The Unizin Read app is available for free through the iTunes App Store or Google Play.
Linking your Device to your Engage Account
You must have an active Engage account in order to use the Unizin Read app. If your educational institution does not use Engage to deliver your electronic reading materials, you cannot use this app.
If you do have an Engage account, you must link your device to that account so that the system knows which reading materials belong to you. Use these steps to link your device to your Engage account. You must complete these steps for each device where you installed Unizin Read:
- Log in to your Engage account using a modern web browser. Usually, you access Engage via a link in your institution's learning management system.
- Click the menu button in the upper-right hand corner and select Applications.
- Under the heading Unizin Read select Get Authorization Code.
- Open the app on your mobile device.
- Enter the authorization code from the window into the Enter Link Code field on your mobile device.
- Tap the Sign in button on your mobile device.