Institution Pressbooks Networks
For each Unizin member institution that opts in (hereafter “Unizin institution”), Pressbooks will host and maintain a PressbooksEDU GOLD network.
All networks have increased storage (100 GB), with all patches, updates, and dependency software supported at a pre-negotiated, reduced price.
Custom development or customizations are available at an additional charge. Pressbooks will work with Unizin member institutions to develop funding proposals for new features, where appropriate.
User Acceptance Testing (UAT) Network
Server Information and Access:
- All Unizin institutions have access to a single Unizin-PB UAT network to test upcoming releases, located at: https://unizin.staging.pressbooks.network/.
- Staff members from Unizin institutions get superadmin privileges on the UAT network. To have a new user added to the UAT network, please contact email@example.com and specify the user’s email address.
- A maximum of 5 users per institution will be allowed on the UAT network.
Sandbox Network and Testing Policies
Server information and access:
- All Unizin members have access to a single Unizin-PB Sandbox network for testing plugins not currently supported by Pressbooks, located at: https://unizin.sandbox.pressbooks.network.
- All Sandbox users will be given Super Admin privileges so they may install plugins. To have a new user added to the Sandbox network, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and specify the user’s email address.
- A maximum of 5 users per institution will be allowed on the Sandbox network.
- Pressbooks will not provide server root or SSH access to the Sandbox network, so all plugins will need to be installed via the Plugins user interface.
- The PB-Sandbox network is for testing only; no “production” data should be stored on the network.
- The PB-Sandbox network will reset/rebuilt from time to time, with all data (except users) deleted.
- Pressbooks does not provide support on the PB-Sandbox networks. If a user introduces a bug or otherwise causes the network to behave abnormally, we will simply reset the network.
NOTE: Please do not uninstall, update, or activate/deactivate the following plugins on the Sandbox network:
- Pressbooks BISAC
- Pressbooks CAS SSO
- Pressbooks Cover Generator
- Pressbooks LTI Provider
- Pressbooks Stats
- Pressbooks Whitelabel
- Redis Object Cache
- Regenerate Thumbnails
- WP QuickLaTeX